Roman Missal — Resources
Frequently Asked Questions:
Resources, prepared by the Liturgy Office, to assist dioceses, parishes and other communities with the introduction of the new translation and formation on the Mass.
The resources are designed to cover both the period of preparation and implementation.
A Timeline for the Introduction of the new translation of the Missal.
- The information on this page as a handout (pdf)
Resources specifically prepared for schools are available on a separate page.
The Catholic Deaf Association has produced resources to assist priest and people to celebrate Mass with the 3rd edition of the Missal using sign language. These include a DVD - Liturgical Signs: Mass, Prayers and Glossary in Sign Language. On the DVD there is a clear demonstration of the sign language for both priest and people for the Order of Mass as well as familiar traditional prayers.
To assist with the introduction of the new translation a series of videos was produced which used the text and some of the music. The intention was both to show the translation in use and offer a resource for formation on the Mass.
In preparation for the Introduction of the Missal a number of podcasts were produced:
- Bishop Roche
- Monsignor Andrew Wadsworth, Executive Director of ICEL
- Canon Alan Griffiths:
Material to assist Preparation
- Deanery Sessions
- 4 sessions for clergy
- Deanery Papers (pdf)
- Diocesan/Parish days
- formats and resources
- Small group process
- similar to With Hearts and Minds focussing on the texts of the Mass. Also intended for use during September–November.
- Material for Liturgical Ministers
- looking at the overall translation and identifying anything specific to their ministry.
- General 1: Questions & Answers (pdf)
- General 2: Setting the Scene (pdf)
- The Ministry of Deacon (pdf)
- The Ministry of Welcoming (pdf)
- The Ministry of Server & MC (pdf)
- The Ministry of Music (pdf)
- The Ministry of Reader (pdf)
- The Ministry of distributing Holy Communion (pdf)
- The Ministry of Sacristan & The Ministry of the Environment (pdf)
- Liturgy of the Word with Children (pdf)
- Bulletin Inserts
- Short pieces for parishioners to cover both the period of preparation and use.
- Bulletin Inserts [Word doc]
Material to assist Implementation
- Liturgy Notes
- practical ideas for implementing the translation and for good liturgical practice.
- Homily Notes
- material specific to the translation and also ideas how the Lectionary might be used to make connections
- Handouts for Parishioners and Families
- short leaflets based on catechetical aims. This includes a version for families with small children.
- Going deeper into the text
- leaflets for interested parishioners exploring particular texts from historical, scriptural and spiritual perspectives.
- Become One Body One Spirit in Christ — interactive DVD resource on the Missal
- Missal Resources produced by dioceses and others
- Resources produced by Commercial publishers
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 UK: England & Wales License. For other uses please contact the Liturgy Office.